Looking for an alternative to real fish fingers…why not try our Moving Mountains® Fish Fingers. These flavourful fingers have a succulent flaky texture and are wrapped in crunchy golden breadcrumbs.
Last weekend a very fussy 7-year-old gave them a try after she told me she was not prepared to eat “Nemo” anymore…after the laughter settled, i went on to explain that these are made from only vegetables and some very clever ingredients and i was on to a winner.
Serve with chips and peas, in a sandwich or dunked straight into ketchup for a delicious treat.
Below I have posted a simple but super tasty recipe that will keep all members of the family happy and the fact the kids can join in and help build the tacos is a big plus.
Fresh, healthy and wonderfully tasty.
Moving Mountains® Fish Fingers are available on our vegan page alongside the rest of their range. Vegan Delivery | Meat & Co (meatandco.co.uk)
Moving Mountains® Fish Finger Tacos
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- 1 pack Moving Mountains® Fish Fingers
- Soft taco shells
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- ½ mango – or buy cubes
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander
- Sriracha mayo
- 1 tub vegan sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cajun spice
- To make the mango salsa, begin by peeling or slicing the skin off of half of the mango. Slice the mango flesh off of that side and then dice into very small cubes. Cut the red onion in half and dice finely so that the pieces are the same size as the mango. Do the same with the fresh tomatoes and add a handful of chopped coriander. Add half a tablespoon of Cajun spice and a squeeze of lemon and set to one side.
- Next, the pickled red onion. Use the remaining half of the red onion and slice finely. Add the red onion to a bowl and squeeze half of a lemon over it. Add a pinch of salt and massage it into the red onion. This can now be put to one side.
- To create a Cajun dressing, add 1 tablespoon of Cajun spice and the juice of half a lemon to the tub of vegan sour cream. Stir until combined.
- Add 150ml of vegetable oil to a saucepan and place on a medium heat. Once hot enough add the Moving Mountains® Fish Fingers to the pan and shallow fry. Cook for a few minutes on either side until golden brown.
- Heat up the soft taco shells in the oven at 180 degrees for 2 minutes.
- To serve, put the mango salsa, Cajun dressing, Moving Mountains® Fish Fingers, taco shells and pickled red onion on the table along with some Sriracha mayo. Everyone can dig in and build the tacos themselves!